Plant Daddy Money Tree - 6in grow container - Live Plant - was $21.95 ON SPECIAL $19.95
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- PLEASE NOTE ALL PLANT SALES ARE FINAL - IF YOUR PLANT ARRIVES DAMAGED, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR FURTHER DETAILS - WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR STOLEN DELIVERIES IF CARRIER MARKS PACKAGE AS DELIVERED
- DIRECTIONS FOR SOIL GROWING
- Place in average to bright indirect light away from vents and drafty areas.
- Water thoroughly, but allow the soil to dry down between waterings.
- Feed regularly during the spring and summer months.
- Prune as needed or keep it shaped like a bonsai plant.
- Braided at the bottom to give it its signature look.
You most likely know it as that houseplant with the cool braided trunk and shiny green leaves, but the money tree—Pachira aquatica—hails from swampy regions of Central and South America, where it can grow up to 60 feet tall. Before you cut a hole in your ceiling in the name of prosperity, learn a little more about this intriguing tropical plant.
Indoors, you can treat a money tree as a bonsai plant and prune it regularly or let it grow to its maximum inside height of about 8 feet. Money tree goes by a few other monikers including water chestnut and Guiana chestnut. Its monetary nickname comes from feng shui, which suggests that, when strategically positioned within the home, these plants bring their owner good fortune. While we can’t make any promises on that (sorry!), with the right care, you’ll at least have a successful houseplant.
DIRECTIONS FOR TRANSITIONING YOUR PLANT INTO A HYDRO PLANT
*Remove plant from soil and clean off as much soil as possible by hand
*Thoroughly clean roots with hose or any higher pressure water source or use a soft bristle brush to remove excess soil while under running water
*Place cleaned plant in grow container and fill with DISTILLED WATER ONLY to just above root line. ONLY DISTILLED WATER! No other types of water!!!
*If your grow container does not have a bubbler unit - YOU MUST CHANGE WATER WEEKLY! - If you do not change the water weekly, your plant will run out of oxygen and not perform well or even die. Bubblers added to your plants grow system accelerate root growth. Bubblers have positive effects on your Hydro plant.
*Once your plant has established at least an inch to an inch and a half of water roots, you can now start administering pre-mixed plant food. I use my Plant Daddy Jungle Juice also available on our website. Only allow plant to stay in plant food for 4 - 7 days maximum. Overuse of plant food will stunt plant growth and possibly burn your plant's leaves.
*Place plant in average to bright indirect light.